Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
08-26-2010, 06:11 AM,
#1
Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
I found an error which I wanted to report and need to fix. Let me explain what happens...

1. I choose my nickname (in the popup window when I first enter the page)
2. This nickname is later displayed in the top left corner.
It says there: "I am:" "nickname"
3. When I change the language e.g. to German, it then says there:
"I am:" "Ich"
instead of "Ich:" "nickname".

--> Going back to English, it now says: "I am:" "Me"
instead of "I am:" "nickname".

This really should be fixed or users can't connect any more directly because they are all called "Me" :-)

Thanks a lot for helping!
Fabian
Reply
08-26-2010, 10:59 AM,
#2
RE: Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
Hello Fabian,
Yes, we know about this problem and it is caused just because the language files aren't updated after lang_en.xml meaning, some language elements are missing or outdated in lang_de.xml. If you compare the files (lang_en.xml and lang_de.xml, under /jabbercam/language) you can fix this in a minute. We are working on a new language file that is easier to edit and update.
Thank you for reporting!
Reply
08-26-2010, 08:38 PM,
#3
RE: Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
(08-26-2010, 10:59 AM)JabberCam Wrote:  Hello Fabian,
Yes, we know about this problem and it is caused just because the language files aren't updated after lang_en.xml meaning, some language elements are missing or outdated in lang_de.xml. If you compare the files (lang_en.xml and lang_de.xml, under /jabbercam/language) you can fix this in a minute. We are working on a new language file that is easier to edit and update.
Thank you for reporting!


Hello,

well thanks for responding. I noticed that "I am" becomes "Ich bin" when switching to German. However, "I am" does not become "Je suis" when switching to French.

Anyway... I am not really able to fix it, because I don't know the line I need to compare in the .xml files. Could you tell me the line I have to fix or to compare (German + English).

Also I would like to know, if possible, where I can edit the box that pops up at the beginning in order to enter the user's name.

Thanks for your help!
Fabian
Reply
08-26-2010, 11:52 PM,
#4
RE: Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
/src/jabbercam/comp/StartupAlert.mxml
Reply
08-27-2010, 07:47 AM,
#5
RE: Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
(08-26-2010, 11:52 PM)JabberCam Wrote:  /src/jabbercam/comp/StartupAlert.mxml

Thanks! I changed StartupAlert.mxml and transferred it into a .swf

But now: Where do I put it? What do I do with it? I can't just load it up on my webspace, because it's in the /comp folder which doesn't exist there.

Thanks for your help!
Reply
08-27-2010, 12:05 PM,
#6
RE: Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
You don't need to compile it to an .swf just change it and compile a new JabberCam_v.swf
Reply
09-02-2010, 03:10 PM,
#7
RE: Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
I think code
Code:
private function initLabels() : void {
....
this.myUsername.text = this.lang.getSimpleProperty('youText');

inside of JabberCam.as should be wrapped with
Code:
if(!loginScreenEnabled) {
    this.myUsername.text = this.lang.getSimpleProperty('youText');
}
Reply
09-02-2010, 08:56 PM,
#8
RE: Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
(09-02-2010, 03:10 PM)Leonid Wrote:  I think code
Code:
private function initLabels() : void {
....
this.myUsername.text = this.lang.getSimpleProperty('youText');

inside of JabberCam.as should be wrapped with
Code:
if(!loginScreenEnabled) {
    this.myUsername.text = this.lang.getSimpleProperty('youText');
}

Thanks a lot! I'll try it first thing next week. I don't have adobe flash builder installed where I am at the moment. I'll let you know if it works.
Thanks
Reply
09-06-2010, 09:05 PM,
#9
RE: Text "I am" and "nickname" field mix up...
(09-02-2010, 08:56 PM)Fabian Wrote:  
(09-02-2010, 03:10 PM)Leonid Wrote:  I think code
Code:
private function initLabels() : void {
....
this.myUsername.text = this.lang.getSimpleProperty('youText');

inside of JabberCam.as should be wrapped with
Code:
if(!loginScreenEnabled) {
    this.myUsername.text = this.lang.getSimpleProperty('youText');
}

Thanks a lot! I'll try it first thing next week. I don't have adobe flash builder installed where I am at the moment. I'll let you know if it works.
Thanks

All right, I wrapped the code as you told me. It didn't do any harm :-) but unfortunatelly it didn't help either. Well, thanks anyway that you tried!!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)