Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Installing and editing RVC 5+ PART2 (step by step description)
01-22-2011, 04:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2011, 06:09 AM by RVC Video Chat.)
Installing and editing RVC 5+ PART2 (step by step description)
Installing RVC 5+ PART2 - Editing the Flash Sources

PHASE 1 - Importing the RVC project to Adobe Flash Builder 4 (5.n.fxp)

You will need: Importing the flex project:
  1. download the latest RVC release form the videosoftware.pro download center
  2. extract the downloaded .zip archive
    *you will see four files: 5.n.fxp, README.txt, LICENSE.pdf and RVC_Release_5.n.zip
  3. start Adobe Flash Builder
  4. click "File">>"Import Flex Project (FXP)..." a new window pops up
  5. click "Browse..." and locate the 5.n.fxp on your PC,
    optionally select the path for the project: "Extract new project to:" and
    click "Finish". Adobe Flash Builder will load the RVC project and on the left side in "Package Explorer", you'll see a folder, something like 5.n
  6. expand (click) the 5.n folder in "Package Explorer" than expand "src" and "(default package)". You should see 3 files: JabberCam.as, JabberCam.mxml and Red5Tester.mxml
  7. double-click JabberCam.mxml to load it into the editor
  8. under the editor, you'll see and error message: "1046: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: MapEvent. JabberCam.mxml /5.1.1/src line 519 Flex Problem"
    *this error is caused by the missing Google maps library, to get rid of it, read the RVC 5+ needs Goole Maps library to build the application... part under "CUSTOMIZATION AND CUSTOM INSTALLATION" section on this post: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-JabberCam-RVC-5
    *download the Google maps library and place the map_flex_1_20.swc (found in the archive) under the /libs folder, the error will disappear.
    *to find the location of the /libs folder on your PC, right click the "libs" directory in Adobe Flash Builder and click "Properties".
Selecting SDK:
RVC 5.x was created with Flash Builder SDK 3.5. When compiling with Flash Builder 4.5 you can
chose SDK 3.6 (Project > Properties > Flex Compiler > Use a Specific SDK and select "Flex 3.5" or "Flex 3.6")
or compile with the default SDK 4.5 (Project > Properties > Flex Compiler > Use default SDK)

If using SDK 3.6 edit /assets/style.css around line 477 "To compile with SDK 3.6", use the "ScrollBar" class, remove the skin reference and ignore errors in /src/jabbercam/skins/JabberCamScrollBarSkin.mxml
If using SDK 4.5 read /assets/style.css around line 477 "To compile with SDK 3.6", use the "thumbSkin: ClassReference("jabbercam.skins.JabberCamScrollBarSkin");" reference and ignore deprecated declaration warnings.

PHASE 2 - Changing the RVC project source code and compiling the new application (.JabberCam.swf)

Simple changes:
  1. Hide a button or other element:
    - click "Design" above the editor to see the application in visual editor
    - select the button you wish to hide (DO NOT DELETE!)
    - click "Source" above the editor, the software source code will show up with the respective element highlighted. example for Facebook button:
    PHP Code:
    <mx:Button skin="@Embed(source='../assets/facebook.png')" toolTip="{this.lang.facebookTooltip}" click="onSocialButtonClick(this.lang.getSetting('facebookLink'))" buttonMode="true" right="10" top="40"/> 
    - at the end add a new attribute: visible="false" and optionally you may set the width and/or height to zero: width="0" so it will look like this:
    PHP Code:
    <mx:Button skin="@Embed(source='../assets/facebook.png')" toolTip="{this.lang.facebookTooltip}" click="onSocialButtonClick(this.lang.getSetting('facebookLink'))" buttonMode="true" right="10" top="40" visible="false" width="0" height="0"/> 
    *DO NOT DELETE elements if you aren't sure what are you doing, just hide them. Deleting software code will result in errors.
  2. Change an image or style:
    - in "Package Explorer" expand the /assets directory
    - change any image you wish. Be aware of the image size!
    - edit style.css if you wish. Be aware of the differences between HTML and Flex!
    *if a changed style element in /assets/style.css does not reflect on the design, you must edit the respective style locally (in JabberCam.mxml)
  3. Some changes in the design:
    - double-click JabberCam.mxml to load it into the editor
    - click "Design" above the editor to see the application in visual editor
    - play around with colors, resizing and everything else that is given by the visual editor
    *after every change save the file (Ctrl+S) and check if there are any errors, if yes, undo the change (Ctrl+Z) and try again
  4. More changes:
    If you would like to do more and the above description did not help, the only advice I can give is: start using Google and get familiar with Adobe Flash Builder or ask for professional help. Some additional info may be found here: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Some-basic-and-frequently-asked-editing

Exporting the release build (creating a new .swf file):
  1. after you made all the changes and you saved all files without receiving error messages, you are ready to compile a new JabberCam.swf
  2. click "File" and "Export">>"Release Build..." a new window pops up
  3. select the "Project" (it should be 5.1 or 5.n.n) and the "Application" (select JabberCam.mxml from the list)
  4. select the folder where you wish to save the new .swf (Flash Application)
  5. click "Finish"
Upload the new JabberCam.swf to your server ( http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-RVC-5-PART1-step-by-step-description ) and see the changes after clearing your browser cache or reloading your chat site while holding down the "Shift" key.
*you may read to rename the newly created JabberCam.swf to JabberCam_h.swf before uploading to your server.

Installing and editing RVC 5+ PART1 (step by step description)
http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-and-editing-RVC-5-PART1-step-by-step-description
04-11-2011, 08:26 PM,
RE: Installing and editing RVC 5+ PART2 (step by step description)
Hello, to customize the Jabberchat, I followed all the steps of "http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-% 09-Installing-and-editing-RVC-5-PART2-step-by-step" description "
I downloaded the sdk library and I saved the file "map_flex_1_20.swc" in the folder src / jabbercam / lib.
The problem is that the errors that appear in Adobe Builder don't go away and so I can not save the project modified.
I have also tried deleting all part of the "MAP PANEL" but I can not save the project because of errors.
As how can I leave these errors and save the project modified?

Here I put a screenshot.
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

04-12-2011, 08:37 AM,
The /libs folder is missing. Create it in the root (5.x) folder
04-13-2011, 03:11 AM,
Ok thank you. Now I am looking for the text in the welcome pop up, "Type in your nick (name). Please, where is that text?

Thank you very much.
04-13-2011, 06:38 AM,
I found the solution Here:
http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-where-to-translate-first-popup-window?highlight=popup

Thanks
04-26-2011, 04:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2011, 04:09 AM by Zorge.)
Dear JabberCam,

1. I couldn't find fxp file in RVCS 0.3 version?

2. Then I imported fxp file of RVCS0.2 into flashbuilder4 and translated labels and and changed the link of "Find your date on Facebook" and saved without any error message. But when I export release builder, it is giving attached error.

What is I'm doing wrong?

Even when I import fxp file and export directly without any change, it is also giving same error.

By the way, Flash builder4 which I'm using is downloaded via torrent. Might it be the reason of such an error? But many people have been left the comment on the torrent site where I downloaded that this FB4 works fine .

BR
Zorge

04-26-2011, 08:43 AM,
Zorge, click on "Details" and post the details here so we can take a look at the error messages.
04-26-2011, 10:02 AM,
Hi JabberCam,

The error message screenshot is attached as the first file.

There is also error when I clicked "run" button, I have attached here run error and its proceed as second and third attachments.

Thank you for you support
Zorge

04-27-2011, 01:35 AM,
1. this error is mentioned above Post: #2 and Post: #3 (this thread)
2., 3. a file is not found
04-28-2011, 04:12 PM,
(04-26-2011, 10:02 AM)Zorge Wrote:  Hi JabberCam,

The error message screenshot is attached as the first file.

There is also error when I clicked "run" button, I have attached here run error and its proceed as second and third attachments.

Thank you for you support
Zorge

I guess that the above errors were caused by that I installed cracked version Flash Builder on my PC before I installed trial version. When I import and export fxp file of RVCS on another PC it works fine.

But when I import fxp file of RVC 5.4 into flash builder, it gives me an error "Unable to open 'C:\Documents and Settings\user\Adobe Flash Builder 4\5.4\libs'. Please help me to find why this error? When I continue and try to export it gives same error.

BR
Zorge