Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Installing and configuring SVC SR video chat
09-22-2011, 05:16 AM,
Installing and configuring SVC SR video chat
Updated for SVC-SR 0.9, for older versions scroll down.
Software: SVC SR
Description: Social Video Chat
Module(s): Single connection, Random (SR)
Function: Video chat to connect two random strangers with each other, also known as "chat roulette", the partner is switched by pressing "NEXT" (aka. Nexting).

Package: svc-videochat-sr-n.n-release.zip

INSTALLATION (Version 0.8 and later):

1. download svc_videochat-sr.n.n.zip
  2. extract (unzip) svc_videochat-sr.n.n.zip, you will get the following files:
    Quote:VideoChat.zip
    svc.fxp (svc.zip)
    README.txt
    license.pdf
  3. extract VideoChat.zip, you will get the following folders and files:
    Quote:/svc
    crossdomain.xml
    index.html
    README.txt
    VideoChat.swf
  4. upload files ONLY from /VideoChat folder (the files from nr. 3) to your server (do not upload svc.fxp or other contents of original zip package!)
  5. edit serviceURL and configURL in /svc/config/config.xml
    PHP Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <config>
        <language>en_US</language>
        <serviceURL>http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/svc/registration.php</serviceURL>
        <configURL>http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/svc/configuration.php</configURL>
    </config> 
    *replace YOUR-DOMAIN.COM with the domain (and/or subdomain, folder) of your video chat
    ** if you know what you are doing, replace en_US with your preferred language. Info and detailed description about Flash Builder SVC localization, here: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Localization-Flash-Builder-4-5)
  6. edit the database configuration section of /svc/config/config.php
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Configuration file for SVC-SR 0.8+
     * Help: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-and-configuring-SVC-SR-video-chat
     */

/* database configuration */
    $MYSQL_DB_HOST "localhost";                 // database host
    $MYSQL_DB_PORT "3306";                      // database port (optional)
    $MYSQL_DB_USER "";                          // database username
    $MYSQL_DB_PASS "";                          // database password
    $MYSQL_DB_NAME "";                          // database name

$VALID_INTERVAL 15;                         // sec.

/* connection settings */
    $PING_INTERVAL 1000;                    // sec. - ping server for updates every N seconds
    $REQUEST_CONFIG_INTERVAL 60 60000;        // min. - reload configuration file after N minutes
    $INVITATION_SENT_TIMEOUT 1000;          // sec. - timeout to wait for a serponse (available/busy) from a pinged partner; starts after ping was sent
    $FIND_NEXT_BUTTON_ACTIVATION_TIMEOUT 5;     // sec. - timeout (countdown) before NEXT button is activated; starts after successful connection
    $FIND_NEXT_ACTIVATION_TIMEOUT 1000;     // sec. - idle (available) timeout before SVC starts to look for a new partner; starts after NEXT is pressed
    $VALIDATION_CODE "136699";

/* system settings */
    $HIDE_AGE_FEMALE true;                      // hide age if user is female (true/false) 
    $HIDE_AGE_MALE false;                       // hide age if user is male (true/false)
    $FILTER_DENSITY 15;                         // number between 0-255 (the bigger will be more blurred)

$REPORTS_MAX_ALLOWED_PER_DAY 5;             // after this number all the rest connection video display will be blured for today
    $REPORTS_ABUSE_DETECTION_STRATEGY "IP";     // possible values: IP, USER. Determines the used strategy when detecting user abuse if the reported number is higher than $REPORTS_MAX_ALLOWED_PER_DAY

// Please edit /config/config.xml to set service and config URLs and locale

?>
  7. run /svc/install.php (YOUR_DOMAIN.COM/svc/install.php)
    if your database details are correctly set, this should install the database tables and the software should be ready for local connections. Delete install.php.

TROUBLESHOOTING (Some frequently encountered errors and mistakes):
EDITING (editing a Flex application with Flash Builder): *some of these instructions should apply for SVC as well, you may need basic knowledge and some basic experience with Flex

INSTALLATION (Versions prior to 0.8):

1. download svc_videochat-sr.n.n.zip
  2. extract (unzip) svc_videochat-sr.n.n.zip, you will get the following files:
    Quote:VideoChat.zip
    svc.fxp
    README.txt
    license.pdf
  3. extract VideoChat.zip, you will get the following folders and files:
    Quote:/config (config.xml)
    /doc (README.txt, license.pdf)
    /history (history.css, history.js, historyFrame.html)
    configuration.php
    crossdomain.xml
    playerProductInstall.swf
    registration.php
    swfobject.js
    VideoChat.html
    VideoChat.swf
    VideoChat.jpg
  4. upload files ONLY from /VideoChat folder (the files from nr. 3) to your server (do not upload svc.fxp or other contents of original zip package!)
  5. edit serviceURL and configURL in /config/config.xml
    PHP Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <config>
        <language>en_US</language>
        <serviceURL>http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/svc/registration.php</serviceURL>
        <configURL>http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.COM/svc/configuration.php</configURL>
    </config> 
    *replace YOUR-DOMAIN.COM with the domain (and/or subdomain, folder) of your video chat
    ** if you know what you are doing, replace en_US with your preferred language. Info and detailed description about Flash Builder SVC localization, here: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Localization-Flash-Builder-4-5)
  6. edit the database configuration section of /config/configuration.php
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * Configuration file for SVC-SR 0.6+
     * Help: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-Installing-and-configuring-SVC-SR-video-chat
     */

/* database configuration */
    $MYSQL_DB_HOST "localhost";                 // database host
    $MYSQL_DB_PORT "3306";                      // database port (optional)
    $MYSQL_DB_USER "";                          // database username
    $MYSQL_DB_PASS "";                          // database password
    $MYSQL_DB_NAME "";                          // database name

$VALID_INTERVAL 15;                         // sec.

/* connection settings */
    $PING_INTERVAL 1000;                    // sec. - ping server for updates every N seconds
    $REQUEST_CONFIG_INTERVAL 60 60000;        // min. - reload configuration file after N minutes
    $INVITATION_SENT_TIMEOUT 1000;          // sec. - timeout to wait for a serponse (available/busy) from a pinged partner; starts after ping was sent
    $FIND_NEXT_BUTTON_ACTIVATION_TIMEOUT 5;     // sec. - timeout (countdown) before NEXT button is activated; starts after successful connection
    $FIND_NEXT_ACTIVATION_TIMEOUT 1000;     // sec. - idle (available) timeout before SVC starts to look for a new partner; starts after NEXT is pressed

/* system settings */
    $HIDE_AGE_FEMALE true;                      // hide age if user is female (true/false) 
    $HIDE_AGE_MALE false;                       // hide age if user is male (true/false)

// Please edit /config/config.xml to set service and config URLs and locale

?>

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love video chat!
11-30-2011, 01:20 PM,
RE: Installing and configuring SVC SR video chat
I am not sure I understand what you mean ...
I love video chat!
12-09-2011, 04:00 PM,
I have already registered users on my website and will be sending details of 2 users (both partners who want to chat),.
How can i do this?
Do i need registration.php in this case? do i have to modify registration.php ??
Please guide.

Thanks
01-10-2012, 12:45 PM,
Gotcha. You need to pass the username (or name/first name) of the user to SVC for both users, connecting them will need SVC 0.9.? since the user-list/phonebook feature is still unreleased. To pass usernames and other relevant data, see this post: http://www.videosoftware.pro/forum/THREAD-SVC-questions?pid=4948#pid4948
I love video chat!
03-22-2012, 07:09 AM,
If someone is missing the .sql file to set up the database, here is a simple script to create SQL tables (attached). Copy the script to /svc folder and run it on your server. The config.php needs to be configured properly in order to run the script.

The script was created for SVC-SR 0.8.141- and later versions and it should work fine with previous releases as well.

Attached Files
.zip   svc-sr_0.8.install.zip (Size: 1.2 KB / Downloads: 81)
03-22-2012, 09:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2012, 11:45 AM by sharkman.)
Something is wrong with the package, I followed what has been mentioned above, but no success, the application loads but there is no loading of the languages for labels.
03-22-2012, 11:34 AM,
The package is tested, the problem, SVC is unable to load the config.xml try to check with your server admin, instadates.com/webcam/VideoChat.swf does not have permission to load instadates.com/webcam/svc/config/config.xml
03-22-2012, 11:54 AM,
I'm sure what you are suggesting, but I just tried same package on 3 different hosts/server, same issue.
03-22-2012, 12:02 PM,
If you did try on different servers than you may have a point here... would you test a demo account on a standard server, from one of the popular US providers if ask for and I send you login details in a PM?
03-23-2012, 06:28 AM,
@Govido
I PMed you last night, but didn't heard back from you.