Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Importing Flex Project into Adobe Flash Builder 4
08-07-2010, 09:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2010, 10:57 AM by teasers.)
Importing Flex Project into Adobe Flash Builder 4
As I noticed some posts about troubles importing the Flex project into Adobe Flash Builder 4, I decided to open this thread. You will also get rid of those error messages in Adobe Flash Builder 4 (around 20-30).

1- Download and Install Adobe Flash Builder 4 from Adobe. Choose 60-days trial when installing.

2- Unzip 'Flex_Project.zip' (which is in your 'ChatRouletteClone_x_x_zip' file) to any location on your hard drive

3- Launch Adobe Flash Builder 4 program

4- Go to: File > Import Flex Project (FXP) --- Choose 'Project Folder' and hit Browse. Choose the Folder where you unzipped your 'Flex_Project.zip' (i.e. D: hard-drive, 'Flex_Project' --- Hit 'Finish'

5- On the upper left corner of Adobe Flash Builder 4, in the Package Explorer view, click 'Flex_Project' once, then choose: File > Properties from menu above.

6- You'll see Resource, Builders, Data Model...... Click on 'Flex Compiler'

7- Choose: Use a specific SDK > Flex 3.5
Then choose 'Use a specific version' and fill in 10.0.0
Hit OK.

8- Still seeing Problems? Just wait a few seconds... Adobe Flash Builder 4 is working, and you'll see that on the bottom right corner telling: 'Building workspace'!!.... After a few seconds: Voila! all problems disappear.. You can now work on the project and export it without any problems.

Well.. and good luck! You have just started :-)
You can try self-learning the software, and/or you can watch those video tutorials on Adobe website to learn the basics:
http://tv.adobe.com/show/flex-in-a-week-day-1/ .. and continue on Day 2, 3, 4, 5

Messages In This Thread
Importing Flex Project into Adobe Flash Builder 4 - teasers - 08-07-2010, 09:13 AM